Omnipod Dash Phone Model for Case

My daughter wants to get a phone case for her Omnipod Dash PDM. Sugar Medical only has a couple color choices and she likes neither.

Anyone know the base phone model being used for the PDM? Amazon sells all sorts of phone cases. If I can figure out which phone model it is, it opens up the options considerably.

I read it’s similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5. Appears to be slightly different. Is the Dash truly a unique model/mold/shape, or is it just a repurposed Samsung model?

Thank you.

1 Like

You can power it off, pull the back cover off (it is a click on), pull the battery (replaceable). It is a “nuu mobile” model A1, FCC ID 2ADINNUUA1. It also quotes an “IC” code of 20782-NUUA1, whatever that is. It’s a dual SIM phone with GSM and WCMDA capability, but I don’t think that helps because a given phone model is typically produced with many SIM/band combinations.

You will get a PDM error after you do this; there’s apparently no backup for the clock, and this procedure reveals various bugs in the Dash app, including the well known one of preventing bolus calculations when the time has to be reset.

From the description on gsmarena while the PDM dimensions are about 121x64x10 the S5’s are 142 x 72.5 x 8.1.

Anyway, the Samsung is designed (and built?) in South Korea, the Nuu is designed and built in China (mainland, not Taiwan). The Nuu US website does not seem to have any cases for the A1.

2 Likes

Thank you jbowler

2 Likes

Thought I’d go ahead and revive this old thread…just in case the answer has been discovered! Has anybody found a decent robust case that fits the Dash PDM? Hoping to find a case “with Built-in Glass Screen Protector, Full-Body Protection Rugged Bumper Case” similar to those readily available for phones.

1 Like

I think it is a nuu mobile a1+ phone.

There are some fake leather cases for it, but the only plastic one I could find online was this one. I have no idea if this will work or if it’s any good. Probably not super quality since it’s so cheap. But the total cost with shipping is only $7, so it might be worth the gamble.

3 Likes

Hi,

I realize this is an old thread but I just came across it. For anyone looking for a durable case for the Omnipod Dash PDM, there’s a company based out of Oregon that makes leather cases for them.

They even make a case that holds the PDM along with another phone.

They are called Hand and Hide. Seems like a good company. Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome to FUD! Thanks for the info on cases. I haven’t made the switch yet from the classic Pod but I expect someday Insulet will require us all to “upgrade”.