Oh, does xdrip display and register blood sugars lower than 40? Is there a way to make it do that if it doesn't?

Title says it all!

@Headlands No and No. Just like the Dexcom receiver and app.

Huh, I didn’t know that! I wonder why? It’s pretty damn important.

40 and less than 40 are the same in terms of treatment - Eat Sugar. No reason to present information that isn’t actionable. With the time delays involved there isn’t that much accuracy anyway.

2 Likes

I have to disagree in my 30 years of type 1, but that’s just me it seems!

I am guessing the sensors aren’t able to read that low accurately, as I’m not sure any of them will go lower than 40

1 Like

I am reasonably certain the Dexcom transmitter does not send any number below 40. So there is no way xDrip+ could display anything below 40.

I am not sure if it is an issue of liability or of accuracy.

1 Like

It has been my experience that the Dexcom G5 receiver and Dexcom app read as urgent low. But when you download the data it’ll show the actual number whether it be 22, 29 or any other value under 40

Can you give details on this? How would you use the different values? For example, a 40 versus a 38?

What kind of download? I would love to find out! Clarity graphs also bottom off at 40.

A difference of 2 means almost nothing, but a difference of 10 and more makes a clear difference for me with how many carbs I’ll take to remedy the low BG and not spike to where I don’t want it to go. That’s my personal direct experience… Others may vary of course.

1 Like

@Michel I see it on the Tidepool downloads. They display almost everything

1 Like

I’ll be darned. I had no idea Tidepool had access to different data.

That’s really weird to me… I wonder why that is? Why not show the actual value when it happens ?

@Michel i just went back to screenshot an example…turns out i am dead wrong. The values I was expecting to screen shot were meter readings to corroborate the cgm values. Tidepool displays at 40 or lower " LOW - The value is lower than your cgm is able to determine"

My apologies for the confusion.

1 Like

@elver I just went to Tidepool and I noticed a 38 and 39 on my daily graph. I don’t have anything lower than that to look at. And I’m uploading from xDrip+. I don’t see how that would matter though.

@docslotnick - I have seen 39 before and 1 or 2 other lower numbers, trying to remember when. I vaguely recall that is a code which is likely interpreted by the Dexcom App/Receiver as a status or something along those lines.

I think 40 is the lowest BG value that Dexcom will report but it has other numbers lower used as status.

I think. It is always possible I am recalling incorrectly.

2 Likes

this is the best i have that is not a bg meter reading. BG meter shows as low as 16 (maybe lower for others)

3 Likes