News from Senseonics about the Eversense

An email I received today…I hope they survive to get the 180 day sensor approved in the US.

*Senseonics has been concerned since the COVID-19 outbreak, about not only the health and safety of our employees, patients, and physician partners, but about the effect that this pandemic has on our ability to deliver the Eversense CGM system to our users. Because our sensor requires an in-clinic procedure, we have seen a notable reduction in access to clinics and sensor orders/insertions overall in the past few weeks. In fact, the pandemic’s impact on the global health system and financial markets has caused Senseonics to meaningfully alter our current business plan. *
Regretfully, the current environment will require us to reduce our workforce, including the majority of our US sales and clinical organization, as well as halt the Bridge Program’s prior authorization and appeal services. As you can imagine, this was not an easy decision, but one we had to make to continue appropriately serving our existing customers while continuing to develop our next generation product.

2 Likes

Ow. That hurts.

@John58, are you still using their gear?

2 Likes

No, I finished my second Eversense 90 day sensor in Jan. and went back to G5. The company was working on a new prior auth for me which is why I received the email. I had been assuming that more insurers (including mine) would cover Eversense this year but it seems the Covid pandemic has dealt Senseonics a harsh blow. I’m saddened that their sales force was let go…the people I dealt with were great, very prefessional, knowledgeable and responsive.

3 Likes

This article provides background on the current status and future plans for the company:

3 Likes

FDA has approved Sensionics Eversense 3 for 6 month duration: 180-Day Implantable CGM, Eversense E3, Approved by the FDA | diaTribe
OR
https://global.eversensediabetes.com

But you have to go thru one of their distribution partners if interested: Eversense Distribution Partners | Senseonics

3 Likes