Neuropathy and a potential cure

I had been seeing endos for 5 years before one casually mentioned the biotin thing. He actually didn’t use the word biotin. I think he said B7 but not sure? I would guess that I’ve had over 100 TSH tests done in the last decade with 5 different endo providers and it was never even discussed except that one time.

I was a little shocked I wasn’t made aware of it. I don’t take those hair supplements but most of the women I know have taken them at one time or another. I’ve even seen multis geared towards women that have large amounts of it. This is a problem IMO.

2 Likes

I just started this this morning already had a nice low after breakfast but sometimes that’s the usual. Wondering if you reduced your insulin when you started & how fast did this start to work for you?

Well, I started using it long before I began Lantus much less MDI or pump. I’m type 2 for 34 years. It progressed from great control with diet and exercise to Metformin and an insulin pump.

I really don’t know if ALA has made me much more insulin sensitive. I’ve not run out in years, but when I did I had nerve symptoms after a week.

2 Likes

@CarlosLuis Thank you for your quick reply. Will just keep an eye on it & glad I started it in the morning. :smiley:

3 Likes

If you are on Ozempic, it could be making your gastroparesis worse. I had a terrible time on it.

2 Likes

@Josie B7 and biotin are in fact one in the same.

I think laboratories never really told anyone it could be a problem? They simply followed their methods, never saying “oh, hey, docs, fyi: we use biotin in our assays, so results could be biased high/low if your patients take lots of it in supplements.”

Not sure who decided to make everyone aware, but glad they did!

Makes me wonder what else could interfere with other tests.

4 Likes