Name game

we have this over on tudiabetes. its a game of switching, dropping and adding a letter to the word above the person who said it. so for example

boat
coat
cat
tat
tac
tack

etc. so who is wanting to play? it has to be in the scrabble dictionary to be considered. also make sure you keep up what the other words are so they dont get repeated. if there are no other combos the person who won that round gets to pick a new word. so lets say the last word that no one would come up with anything else is take for onstance, that person who said that word will come up with a new word:slight_smile:
so whatcha say :slight_smile:. ill start

stop

Hahaha it was only a matter of time

@Michel

Just …no.

But your first word was the perfect word to START the game with and to END the game with.

(I may be speaking for myself here, but I’ll say it again)…we aren’t interested in padding our post counts. Quality of posts over quantity of posts.

But again, I’m speaking only for myself here. Just…no.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also…we already have our own version of this game that can be found here.

we do? thanks! i couldnt find it anywhere

We have rules in our community guidelines about word games.

2 Likes

thats a bummer…its a fun game :slight_smile:

TuD still has it! :stuck_out_tongue: If you need your Doublets fix, hop over there for a few minutes (but hurry back!!!) :wink:

2 Likes

Doublets is popular with some members on TuD, I do not suspect that it will be discontinued unless it dies on its own. Yours truly has been tasked with maintaining and moderating the game. Since I am observing the game I often play the game.

2 Likes

Lol was that a promotion of sorts ?

Not really, just an explanation of why the game continues.

1 Like

Eloped

I got a fever … and the only cure is more doublets

Groped

Gropes

Ok ok that’s enough lol… the doublets world championships are held at our unwilling partner’s site at tudiabetes

1 Like

Dopes

1 Like

Disqualified. You can’t change two letters for one. Unsportsmanlike like conduct. I win. Game over.

1 Like

I wasn’t playing. I was just mocking them.

ok let me see if i can get the new one.

ropes
ship-traffic-jams-rope-dew-cordage-39279

Actually ropes was supposed to be between gropes and dopes so as to make Eric’s move legal and prevent Sam from claiming an unfair play which then led Eric to a counter-claim of mocking.

These claims and counter-claims are getting quite confusing.

Maybe we should just take Gary up on his suggestion to move this over to TUD.

lol

'Course they don’t have the nice pictures on their version of the game…

:smiling_imp: