My first flatline (almost) on a pump

It was a lucky one because I did not have peaks Monday:

The day before, I had hormone peaks all day. But even when I get only one peak, I can’t flatline because I can only catch peaks at 120, and it takes my insulin 45 minutes to work.

Thanks to my dad for taking the screenshot from Clarity.

16 Likes

Wow, that is pretty awesome, especially with the holiday!

3 Likes

Amazing! Great work you guys!

3 Likes

Amazing!

3 Likes

Tremendous work! Hope that pump means a whole new life for you, @kaelan!

3 Likes

Awesome job, K!

2 Likes

@Kaelan, outstanding! (suggestion: delete “(almost)” from the post title :wink:)

4 Likes

A thing of beauty…

And it is pretty flat. That is a tight range of control. I need to set my high alarm at 120. It is at 144 right now.

3 Likes

I’d call that flat, since your upper limit is so low! Great job!

3 Likes

Nice! I’d like to hear your initial take after starting on a pump. Do you like it so far?

3 Likes

That is a good looking trace there Kaelan, keep up the good work, fighting the good fight. Try not to get too frustrated when you can’t maintain that for long. Cody had a spooky week not too long ago, where we achieved something similar, and then poof, it disappeared…

3 Likes

@Kaelan. THAT. IS. AWESOME!

3 Likes

@Kaelan you’re giving me hope for @EricH ! Headed to the endo to get started on getting the OmniPod today at 2:15pm! (Ask me in six months how I feel about this six months into arguing with UHC! Kidding. But I recognize it probably won’t be today.)

Those numbers look good! And I’m glad to have read all about your exercise trials before and now get to hear about them after! Thanks for sharing!!!

4 Likes

We should talk about this sometime before you get started with insurance. There is kind of a framework that can be used. You, me, EH, and Michel maybe can conference.

1 Like

Brilliant. I agree.

I was actually going to call you tomorrow, but unfortunately Eric’s endocrinologist’s (generally great) office totally screwed up our appointment for 9/11 and we managed to get it rescheduled today at 2:15pm.

2 Likes