Flat top but not on the bottom :-)

My son did not get a hormone peak yesterday, for once (probably one of three days since he started puberty). Here goes (MDI, Dexcom, Lantus/Novolog):

I don’t think he broke 120 :slight_smile:

I am posting this one for @Irish! He went hypoglycemic once right 5 minutes before lunch because he had a big sports practice the day before, so he responded a bit faster to insulin than normally that day. As usual, the Dexcom amplified his low.

We have a way to go before we can stay under 100 like @Eric

4 Likes

What he did is much better because he didn’t spend much time low! That is an absolutely perfect day!

I am not a big believer in the idea that the line needs to look perfectly straight. It is not an art contest. :slight_smile: Anytime you stay tight like that, between those two lines, it’s perfect!

Two shots of Lantus?

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:

Wow, what a great flat-liner day! Congrats to you and your son!

1 Like

We used to be much closer to that every day than we are today. But our (often multiple) daily hormonal peaks make that impossible these days. The good thing about a day like yesterday is that it shows me that, once he is out of puberty, he will do a really good job.

These days, I am really only on night duty – he does all the daily stuff. I try to do what he needs at night without waking him up. This works better for us, so he does not miss school as much.

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: High peaks and inexplicable lows

A post was merged into an existing topic: High peaks and inexplicable lows