Mileage increased since release from hospital

I’ve been walking most everyday since I was released. It’s encouraged and I like to walk. My first walks were about 0.8 miles increased over time to a bit over a mile. Yesterday and today I did about 2.4 miles. While I’d rather be on my bike, it feels good to get out and move.

The home health nurses seem to think I am an invalid. This surgery did not completely decondition me. I’m convinced that my exercise regime all these years has aided my recovery.

18 Likes

dg3gzfm-6f6d5310-76e5-4d43-965f-4136db8e9993

6 Likes

Wow, @Eric that’s incredible!!!:star_struck:

4 Likes

Are you back home now, @CarlosLuis?

1 Like

No still in Houston at my aunt’s house. We had a bit of excitement, HFD knocked hard on the door. The neighbor behind had a fire in their backyard that involved the wooden fence. Firemen tore out planks that were burning. The neighbor’s yard was burned to the house. No damage to the houses.

We’re eating a late dinner.

I go home on 2/25.

7 Likes

Hope you have a lovely reunion with your kitties, especially Sheelah!

2 Likes

And your goat! I hope you are home safely and comfortably, CL! It should be wonderful to sleep in your own bed. Hoping everything is going smoothly xoxo

2 Likes

The human and fur people were happy to see me. I thought Sheelah might give me the cold shoulder, but she was all over me, purring up a storm.

5 Likes

Dottie gave me a look, “Oh, it’s you.”
Everything is all good. I see my oncologist today at 11. I just weighed myself and I lost about 5lb since the surgery. I’ve been eating lots and pumping lots of insulin. I guess I’ll continue doing as I have been for awhile.

4 Likes

@CarlosLuis I’m beginning to think we’re somehow “linked”! My wife yelled, “Hey a fireman is in our backyard!” two days ago. Sure enough a guy in full turnout gear was walking around sniffing the air and looking intently at…everything! I looked out front and we had a big firetruck (one of the old style with mechanical ladder on top, a driver in a compartment at the rear to steer the rear end) with firemen seemingly everywhere. Turns out our neighbor’s son thought he smelled gas and called it in. They didn’t find anything, but good to know the response you can expect!

Anyway, glad you’re good to go and enjoying the walks! Good wishes for a return home to your kitties!

3 Likes