MD/D Mom Explains: What can you expect as your [T1] diabetic child goes through the teenage years?

Dr. Katharine Morrison, a general practitioner in Scotland and mother of a Type 1 child explains:

"What can you expect when your child with diabetes becomes a teenager? I will discuss the physical effects, the psychological effects and the effects on blood sugar control…

A snippet from her ebook:

My son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2004, which led me to investigate ways in which I could improve his health, minimise his chances of suffering low blood sugar episodes and improve his long term blood sugar results also known as the HbA1C.… My son has achieved average HbA1 results of 6.5 % over the last 10 years. The range has been 4.8-7.2% with a current level of 5.8%. This is all the more remarkable when you consider that he became diabetic on the cusp of puberty which is a notoriously difficult time to achieve reasonable blood sugars.

2 Likes

I am reading this at Detroit Metro btw two planes. Can’t wait to read more. Thanks for posting this!

1 Like

Great article. Also…yay…joy…can’t wait. (Not sure if you sensed the sarcasm there. :frowning:

1 Like