Lowest A1C in 4.5 Years!

I just got my A1C result from my quarterly appointment and it’s at least my lowest A1C in the last 4.5 years! That’s how far back my e-records go and I don’t feel like digging through paperwork.

It’s 1.16% lower than when I joined FUD!!

How’d it get so bad? Going off birth control and not knowing that would cause my dangerous rollercoasters. Starting pumping. With Humalog. And getting allergic to it.

FUD got me fixed up. Thanks to every.single.one.of.you.

There are a lot of super special helpers on here. Thank you to you, too.

19 Likes

Congrats on the great results! It has been great getting to know the special kind of crazy that you are.

4 Likes

Awwww, you get me, @Chris!!!

ETA: I just saw a Myers Briggs job chart that recommends me for the positions of Bridge Troll or Lizard Trainer. So. You have it right.

7 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

Gratz!

2 Likes

Amazing!!! wonderful news @T1Allison

2 Likes

That’s great news. Relish the win! Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Way to go, @T1Allison! That’s a great accomplishment. :sunflower:

3 Likes

I think it was you the other day that mentioned that there was a thread for Ladies that dealt with the menstrual cycle and all that…maybe I’m wrong…I’m still learning people on here and very much would like to get to know at least the regulars! :slight_smile: Anyway, if you could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful! My issues would go towards Menopause, PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome, Surgical Menopause, I’m trying to think of other keywords that might lead me in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 Likes

@egreen76 This is thread is a great place to start. The search feature here is a good way to check out the various categories.

3 Likes

@Millz Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

@Jen had mentioned the hormones. Jen
and several other awesome women on here have been working together in the Women’s Health category to try to wrap our heads around hormone driven insulin resistance. There are a lot of great posts in the category. I have gotten infinitely more guidance and collaboration here on that topic than from any of my doctors ever. Mine don’t acknowledge it or understand it or try to expand their knowledge of it. So the FUD women have helped immensely!

5 Likes

Congratulations, @T1Allison!

And yes, it was me who mentioned the hormones.

I have an A1c that’s overdue, but I’ve been putting off due to COVID-19. I really should get down to the lab soon to see where that is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just went for my A1c at Quest Diagnostics about a month ago. I was terrified. I called in advance and made an appointment so that I wouldn’t have to wait in line (they generally call u right in with an appointment) I asked them, before I went, what their practices and precautions were during the pandemic. it comforted me immensely.

maybe there’s a lab like that near u who will b taking the same extreme precautions, and it will set ur mind at ease.

1 Like

The Paragaurd IUD is a good non-hormonal option for of birth control. I had mine for 10 yrs. and it is due to be changed soon.

1 Like