Low BG snack biscuits

I thought @ClaudnDaye might be interested in these. You had mentioned that sometimes Liam needs a snack before bed. I recommended the Extend Bars before as a slow release carb, but you said Liam did not like them.

These Belvita bars are also the same kind of idea. They have a few grams of quick sugar and then some grams of slower release carbs. Different flavors, so maybe there is one Liam might like. (I would avoid the cranberry-orange :smiley:) I think the rest of them are pretty good. I eat them often at night when it feels like I will drop later.

I sent you a variety pack. Should be there Saturday. I donā€™t think the variety pack includes either the chocolate or the coconut flavors, you have to get them separately. Iā€™d suggest either tossing the cranberry-orange, or eating them yourself. Pick one he might like to start with. The rest of them taste pretty good to me.

9 Likes

The chocolate ones go fast in my house.

2 Likes

These are pretty good, I sometimes eat the cinnamon brown sugar ones as a ā€œrunning out the doorā€ breakfast. You can get a big ol box of those ones at my local Costco :grin:

5 Likes

Thanks Eric! Always looking for more optionsā€¦you know how kids are. Theyā€™re ā€œinā€ to a food one day and the next food itā€™s yucky and they donā€™t want to have anything to do with it. So weā€™re always looking for more options. Weā€™ll give these a go!

4 Likes

@Eric
I eat these too, often as a lunch. But, Iā€™m wondering what makes you call them low BG? The sandwich ones have 12 g sugars consisting of 11g of added sugar.

1 Like

If your blood glucose is low, he is suggesting that you may find these suitable to raise your BG back to a good level.

2 Likes

Yes, what @bkh said!

Just a snack that is not too much, and it raises you back up.

And it has an extended release too.

It is not the best thing for a very low BG, but good for a slowly dropping BG.

I like them because they have a little bit of fast acting, and a little bit of longer lasting. I eat them before running sometimes.

1 Like

I have tried the Belvita cinnamon brown sugar flavor and they remind me of the Dutch windmill cookies weā€™d buy at the international shop with our allowance! And we walked 2 miles round trip to get them! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Thanks to Costco, we have some of these as well - used for treating low BG.

I like them - like the taste and the sugar.

I am a bicyclist, and like to keep something in my bags in case I get a low while cycling. I tried these, and the problem is that they break up pretty easily - so you end up with crumbs rather than cookies after a few days. So for my biking I stick with granola bars, licorice sticks, and salt water taffy. Starburst tabs are pretty good too.

1 Like