Looking to Hear Some Personal Experiences of Those Who Have Used the Dexcom G5 & G6 CGM

1st of all - welcome!

I agree there.

Will you let us know what dexcom says about the sensor errors you’re getting? Hopefully they resolve.

2 Likes

Yup. Kind of weird. It’s a suppose to last 10 days. For me, so far, only 9 days. For you the first third of a day is non dependable. Still than a finger prick 10 or so times a day. Before I got the G5.

1 Like

Hi Honda. I compared them both side-by-side recently. Here is my experience with the comparison.

1 Like

I don’t use my phone only the Dexcom receiver. I had got a new one couple months back. So when I started the G6 it was updated. So I don’t know if it will still work with G5 sensors. Anybody know about this? Thanks Dwayne

My guess is won’t read G5, and slim chance to un-update. But Dexcom will stop supporting G4, G5 by year end anyway.

But you might be able to find someone with old G5 receiver, not in use, or online.
Or use xDrip.

2 Likes

I talked with tech support. They said it wouldn’t work oh well. So I found someone who could use the unused G5 sensors.

1 Like