Lifelong learning

That’s really neat. :slight_smile:

I wsa at a conference for work yesterday and ran into two people who I met in a course I took just for fun. I mean, the conference was sort of related to the topic of the course, but I love running into people “out of context” like that and discovering we have something else in common.

Ha ha, 30 years ago I was only seven, so I definitely was not at San Rafael. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was eight! And now that I think hard about it, I believe that I was probably 10 when I went there. My Girl Scout troop had a field trip there! It was by far the most memorable field trip. I’m sure we did a lot of really awesome stuff, but I really remember that.

That’s cool that you bumped into people that you had previously met! Conferences can be kind of fun because you see the same people every year, if you attend them regularly. We have a couple that we do (hacker convention, board game convention) annually and it’s kinda like a little family reunion of sorts. :smile:

I run into my former students around town fairly often, and it’s always such a pleasant experience. I get to hear what they’re up to, and even though many of them are not finding work in their field of study (art/graphic design), I’m proud of them for entering the workforce and holding down a job in order to stay in a town that they really enjoy.

1 Like