Jupiter and Saturn

Was anyone able to see the Jupiter and Saturn planetary conjunction in the last few days? I for one am impressed. Neat photos with a cell phone (you can see both planets) and you can actually see Saturn’s rings with a low powered telescope. The conjunction is visible for the next few days, and will be back in 2080.

11 Likes

Here in Portland we can see clouds and sometimes rain. Ever hopeful though! Cool Pic

6 Likes

The skies magically cleared here in Eastern Idaho last night for the conjunction! I hauled out the spotting scope and we clearly saw Saturn’s rings and some of Jupiter’s moons! Wow!!!

7 Likes

That’s fantastic @CatLady!

2 Likes

The in-laws weren’t up to hiking across the river for a better view. Still lovely, through the trees.

7 Likes

The conjunction is still visible tonight, Jupiter and Saturn are just farther apart; they no longer look like one star.

PXL_20201223_014851817.NIGHT

4 Likes

I’ve been in a never ending blizzard in alaska for the past few days. Doubt I’ll make it to 2080 to see the next one. I tried to get my wife and kids to get out the kids telescope or my spotting scope and take a look but I don’t think they’ve gotten in the spirit yet

4 Likes

Sorry, but the next Jupiter and Saturn Conjunction won’t occur until 2820.

1 Like

… just right around the.corner.

1 Like