Is anyone Looping with the G7?

If so, please reply. I have some questions about how that is setup.
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, a few of us are. The main branch supports both, so I haven’t made any changes other than the type of CGM I select in the ui.

1 Like

Can you tell me a little bit about how the G7 is done with Loop?

I mean, with the G6 you only need to enter the transmitter ID into Loop every 3 months when you need to start a new transmitter.

But the G7 has the transmitter and sensor together, so do you enter it in Loop every time you start a new sensor?

Is the G7 transmitter ID also 6 digits like the G6?

The reason I am asking is because I will need to integrate the G7 into my custom build, so I need to start testing some things.

Thanks!

It’s much more seamless with G7. I setup the sensor with the g7 app, wait for it to pair and then tell Loop to scan for a new g7 sensor and it does the rest. I think it’s pulling from Apple Health but honestly it’s so easy I don’t pay attention.

On the 16th I can post the screens as they come up.

2 Likes

Great, thank you very much!

I am dreading the coding for this. I want to keep my own custom build, but I know I will eventually need to get G7 put into it (for when the G6 is discontinued).

I will probably need to get the more recent code from Loop and searching for all the instances of G7 and trying to replicate all of it.

For me, it may come down to this question - which will be discontinued first? Dash pods, or the G6?

Side rant:

I hope I know a few weeks ahead of the day when Insulet announces they are discontinuing the Dash pods, because I would invest in Tandem stock. Their stock will shoot up because a lot of people will flee from the O5 and go with the Mobi.

I think the Dash PDM is ridiculous, and I think the O5 algorithm is ridiculous.

The best thing that happened to Insulet as far as making their stuff the #1 choice is the Loop hack. Once they get rid of Dash, there is no reason for me to stick with them.

4 Likes

I’ve never used Omni Pod, but I will say Mobi used as a patch looks a lot more “medical” than Omni.

Adults might jump, but I think kids will be a tough sell.

I’m planning to go to Mobi when they support Android :rage:.

2 Likes

This Discord has people who are doing that:

I’m not familiar enough with the ins and outs of Discord to know if that will take you to the channel; I’m subscribed to the server (it’s the “Loop Group”, here’s an invite: Loop Group [20240110, that link will expire in 7 days].

1 Like