Interesting Sugarmate anomoly

For some reason, my Sugarmate is reporting two different numbers depending on the platform.

So, first here is the last 24 hours as seen directly from Dexcom:

Notice less that 1% low/severe low

Now check the data within SugarMate on the browser:

Lastly, the same time range viewed within the actual SugarMate app (the incorrect data)

It’s been like this for a couple of days for some reason. I’ve logged out/back in, uninstalled and reinstalled and upon logging in, I still get anomalous data.

Anyone have any ideas for why this may be happening?

2 Likes

Dexcom is showing a 24 hour average of 121, right?

But I don’t see a 24 hour average on Sugarmate, only a 90 day average and a 24 hour median.

Could that be the difference, median vs average?

The 24 hour in-range are close for both though. 90% vs 92%.

1 Like

It’s the % Below - 24 hours on the two SugarMate pics that is the anomaly. Notice how the browser version says 1% but the app version says 7%. Same exact time range…pictures taken within a minute of each other.

2 Likes

Just guessing here because I have never used it, but they might each be using a different “low” number.

Like you can set your range, but maybe the low is hard-coded into one of them?

Like range is 70-150, or whatever you set it for. But what do each of them consider low?

I know Dexcom does not let you set an alert to be less than 55. So maybe on the Dexcom stats they are using 55 for low, and on Sugarmate maybe they are using the range number for it’s low?

That would make it a bigger “% Below” number on Sugarmate, if that’s what they were doing.

Sorry, just guessing!

4 Likes

Thank you! That’s it. I had only assumed that once i have my settings set up that no matter where i logged in, they would be the same. I just checked both and sure enough the normal range set from 60 - 180 and the other has 70 - 180. Once i changed them to match, those thee percentages matched between the two platforms.

Thanks Eric!

4 Likes

Yay!

:partying_face:

1 Like