Important info for g7 users

The g7 app no longer offers the option to override silent/do not disturb modes. It must be done on your phone. Not all phones, mine (s9) included, allow app exceptions. I used to be able to do it in g6/g7 alert settings, but alas, no more.
I’ve talked to 3 dexcom CSRs, and they’ve all said pretty much the same thing, “Iphones have that option”. Doesn’t help me much. I don’t consider a phone that doesn’t allow those exceptions “compatible”, since it is no longer an option in the dex app. People who have older phone versions, please make sure its an option for you!
I finally reported this problem to Medwatch, as I believe that at the very least, Dexcom should update its compatible phones list. Its a safety issue, esp for people (like me) who yoyo (please, no judgement, its a fact of my life) when life is turned the wrong way. Most likely going to have to switch to Libre if their app has that option.
Pause of rant…

9 Likes

you can try the xdrip app

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat with contemplating a CGM switch… I would say a solid 70 percent of my G7 sensors have failed, caused EXCESSIVE bleeding, or throw out ridiculous glucose values. I’m not sure what’s going on because I loved the G6 and G7 at the beginning…

2 Likes