I used the Force on an Ethiopian dinner

Last night we had an Ethiopian dinner, with injera, tibs, lots of curries, split peas, lentils, etc. I had many difficult dishes with a lot of carbs and fat. I had no idea how many carbs it had and how to calculate. So I used the Force.

Here is how it went:

It went really well for my extended bolus (3 hours). But later that night I lost my nice track: lots of injections. So I still need a lot of practice with the Force.

Thanks to my Dad for the Clarity pic and data.

12 Likes

It still looks like you didn’t go much above 150 the whole night - that’s awesome for not knowing carb counts! Great job!

3 Likes

Wonderful job!

Using the Force is really such a liberating thing, because there are so many things you can use beside just carbs, BG and IOB. You can really become tuned in on what you need. I am happy to hear you doing that!

Your trace looks better than anything a forumua would give you! :wink:

We are building an army of Jedi D Warriors here!
image|30x30

6 Likes

Thank you, I think I was lucky!

Thank you @Eric! When I look at my BG for that meal, I think that I probably should have the same prebolus, but 6-7U of extended bolus over 6 hours instead of 4U over 3 hours. This meal had LOTS of fat. It is really good though!

@Chris wrote that @Cody does 100% pre-bolus for pizza, then 75% bolus over 4 hours. This meal was fattier than pizza I think, so that would kinda make sense: 100% prebolus (that’s what I did), then 66-77% extended bolus over 6 hours.

1 Like