I just got a SugarPixel!

Why did you switch? Was it an insurance requirement or something?

1 Like

I don’t know what kind of set up you have. But during the day I have the Dexcom receiver set at 150 and my phone at 130 for highs. The two different alerts let me know that I kept climbing. Lows on the phone are at 90 but 75 on the receiver. 90 is no big deal, it just lets me know to pay attention and then if the receiver goes off at 75 I know I need something if I haven’t already treated for it. I do just leave the phone on at night and my night low warning is 75. I couldn’t handle reaching for 2 things going off and I like my sleep too much! But the two devices gives me that second warning I am still trending high or low.

3 Likes

We don’t use the receiver so phone was all we had before this device. Different apps on the phone (SugarMate, NS) helped but having this is a lot easier.

3 Likes

Our warranty was finished on the Dexcom. So was suggested we try the next best thing… (or, THE best thing given the improvements). Not exactly happy with the automation of the 780G. Will be good when D1 daughter is in her teens (and being a teenager), but currently we have to sit on our hands and watch an algorithm semi work. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks, will touch base again soon, but when we first swapped it wasn’t supported.

2 Likes

I bet you can use xdrip+ to get your medtronic readings, and then use the follow app within xdrip+ to get it on the sugar pixel. I will be switching to the Guardian 4/780g from dexcom in a couple months
I got mine back in Jan. to have bedside so I don’t have to put on my glasses to read my phone or watch. My wife loves it to, she feels reassured that all is well in slumber-land.
Mike

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile: When you get your medtronic, maybe you could help me figure it out… We use an iphone, so we have the additional headache of needing to use other apps etc.

1 Like

I switched from the Dex G7 to Medtronic G4 this week. I was using xDrip+ to send readings to my galaxy watch. I was dreading the switch because I dreaded having to figure out how sync all the devices. To my surprise xDrip seamlessly picked up the G4 readings, and transmitted them to my watch. The Sugar Pixel also immediately switched to the G4 without my having to do anything.
Mike

5 Likes

Thanks Mike. Did you have Nightscout setup as well?

No, I did not.