How do you keep track of your Omnipod PDM?

How did you lose it?

You should have 2 places for your PDM:

One place is a specific place in your house where you always keep it when you are at home.

The other place is your pocket, where you only take it out when you are using it. When you are done using it, put it back in your pocket.

If you don’t have pants pocket, there should be one pocket or place where it always is in your backpack or whatever you are carrying.

I assume you wouldn’t walk around just carrying your PDM, you would have it in a pocket or some place, right? Take it out, use it, put it back.

Personally, I think the huge PDM container pouches make them easier to lose, because they don’t fit in your pocket! :grinning:
In your pants, have a separate pocket for your PDM that doesn’t have keys or change in it. That way you only have to take something out of that pocket when it is D related - either insulin or a BG check.

@Sam had a good quote a while back talking about D gear, “if it doesn’t fit in my pocket, it is too big”. I agree with that.

If you make something like this, that is all you really need to carry - that and your PDM: combined-strip-and-lancing-device

You can have your CGM on your phone, which is just a phone, you don’t even need to count that as D gear. So one small pocket can have everything else.

So…either you are actually using it, or it’s in your pocket!
:wink:

1 Like