How do you carry your Afrezza?

I recently posted this question on Twitter. How do you carry around your Afrezza? I hate the blister packs in my pocket, they constantly cut into my leg and hands when I reach in to grab one. Do you pop them out and carry the loose cartridges?

Here is link to article showing the one from Sanofi that I use. But not sure if Mannkind offers something similar.

2 Likes

I normally just carry an inhaler and a blister pack. After looking for a few different things to carry them in, I finally settled on a small leather (3"x5") coin bag. A tube of glucose tabs in the same pocket.

2 Likes

I just ordered a couple of coin bags from Amazon, I’ll post my findings.

Thanks for your suggestion.

2 Likes

Here’s an update. I have tried 5 different types of solutions over the last week:

BG Meter Case (Contour Next One) - Too big
Small Electronics hard case - Too big
Single opening coin purse - good but not organized enough
Soft Glasses pouch - Too unorganized and the cartridge packs get caught on the material
Double pocket coin purse - Almost perfect, front pocket is full of Jelly Beans, back is full of cartridges. It’s nice and small and the only catch is that the inhaler doesn’t fit, if it was a 1/2 inch taller, it would be absolutely perfect.

3 Likes

EH carries it in his Freestyle meter case pocket. Sometimes in just his pocket, usually we clip off the corners of the packages because they’re so sharp and store them in a small ziplock bag. We love ziplock bags like these:
Plymor 3" x 4", 2 Mil (Pack of 100) Zipper Reclosable Plastic Bags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040001NC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OLG7Ab3PAYY86

I buy them for cheaper at Walmart in the craft section. I also package candy into them with the number of grams of carbs in giant print on the front with a sharpie. :slight_smile: :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

This is the coin purse that I use for inhaler and 1 or 2 packs. I prefer glucose tabs for correcting in the other direction, so no need to accommodate them here.

1 Like

This case is very sturdy and about 4x3 inches. If you leave the Afrezza cartridges in the blister-pack, you can fit 6 cartridges plus the puffer. If you take them out of the blister-pack, you can fit a bunch more.

Here is the Amazon link for the case:

3 Likes

@Eric sometimes I imagine coming to your house, and going into a room that is totally organized and labeled and full of diabetes equipment and carry bags and your piles of rad D gear! It’d be like a kid in a candy store. Lol.

2 Likes

I have so many kits and carrying cases from many years. I never throw them out. When I need to carry for a certain length of days, I just go through them all until I find one that will work.

I will post a pic of one I made/modified years ago, when it was the days of syringes and vials.

I always tried to make sure diabetes never took more than one pocket.

2 Likes

UPDATE: I have found another case that I really like because it’s flatter and carries the inhaler. There is even space for my Riley Link. The only downside is that there really isn’t room for sugar. $9 on Amazon

1 Like

I tape two cartridges together with craft tape and put it in my pocket… watch out for washing it…

2 Likes