Honey in the soap and fingersticks

Good point about the dish gloves – they really help the most!! I’ve done a lot of research about that, and the options for large sized hands are relatively limited! Many have Prop 65 warnings, which doesn’t inspire confidence (although, I recognize the prop 65 warning’s are frequently overstated/not actually an issue, as with sawdust on cutting boards for instance).

About 10 years ago I bought EH a pair of very large heavy duty dish gloves at William Sonoma on clearance, they were pink, and he wore them until they wore out last year. Of course, the options had decreased in quality in the last 10 years.

1 Like

I didn’t think you were able to actually buy anything in California anymore.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not even politicians. They’re all already bought :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

+1. It’s also a bad thing for everyone to use anyway since it may build up resistance.

1 Like

Ha!!! Maybe that’s why we travel so much! Because we can’t buy anything in our own state?!? I’ll keep my eye open for dish gloves as I’m on the road. :wink:

The irony is we can buy all the things, but we just get told they’re all going to give us cancer.

2 Likes

Here is a good article:
Prop 65 is turning into legalized blackmail, warn experts as notices pile up
I personally know someone who had their business impacted by this. It was absolutely state sanctioned blackmail. Particularly as the state gets a cut of the “blackmail” money that gets paid in. You either pay the blackmail money or you pay a lot of money to a bunch of lawyers and take your chance fighting it - which is not cheap.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I had a feeling that was happening – gross overstatement of risk for bureaucratic reasons.

It’s hard, EH has struggled with melanoma in years past, and we are constantly attempting to mitigate additional cancer risk. But I recognize that sometimes actual risk is not easy to identify. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was interesting.

I just bought a bunch of hand soap without paying attention, it was cheap, generic, looked like the usual white creamy stuff I usually buy… noticed just now it’s “toasted marshmallow hand soap”. Can’t wait

But no in seriousness I have used honey scented and various fruits and whatnot scented hand soap every time my wife goes to the store and have never noticed any difference in blood sugar readings–soap is soap and fragrances in soap don’t seem to matter.

1 Like