When using bad testing technique, do baby wipes change my bg reading?

Don’t listen to me bc I may be wrong…but when traveling and I have baby wipes at hand everywhere (Pampers Complete Clean Baby Fresh Scent), I’ve always wondered if my bg reading would be impacted by having wiped my hands with them somewhat recently.

I just tested my bg pre-baby wipe and post-baby wipe. The readings were nearly identical. So I’m going to conclude that if all I have around to clean my hands after fixing lunch in the car for my kids is baby wipes…that it probably won’t throw off my bg reading the same way having lotion on my fingers would.

3 Likes

And just to mess with your comfortable conclusion…

I have no idea if it’s valid, but I when I saw your question, I went looking for anything on alcohol wipes and BGs. I stopped using wipes a long time ago when I was told they weren’t great. I’ve been washing my hands since… or using soap wipes… :thinking:… which is now messing with my comfortable conclusion.

And with all that being said, you’re talking butt wipes and not just regular old alcohol wipes. Those things can be hardcore cleaners. So maybe you’re onto something?

3 Likes

Never knew that soap wipes existed.

I’m heading to the beach later this summer and that’s always a challenge. I always apply everyone’s sunblock in the hotel room, wash my hands and then head to the beach. But reapplying sunblock on the beach plus sand, etc, I never know how much to trust my results in that environment even with running cooler water over them.

2 Likes

Probably overkill (or actually making things worse), but we had to order them because of my son’s Celiac disease. I rarely use them since washing my hands is usually an option.

2 Likes