Has anyone tried Baqsimi?

Hello. So my first question is has anyone tried Baqsimi nasal glucagon spray or had it given to them and if so, how did it go?
My second question is whether it would be safe to try on myself so that I can be sure it works before there is an emergency. I want to train my kids on how to use it so I’m thinking that the next time I’m low, just have them use it on me in a well supervised place so that I can track the results. Do you think this is dangerous?
Of course, Lily gave me the standard answer of ask your doctor but my doctor hasn’t had anyone try it either so I’m coming to you guys. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Rhetman,
Welcome to FUD!

I have never used Baqsimi. But certainly it is safe to try on yourself. The only issue is that it might make you spike to 300 or 400.

2 Likes

Thanks Eric

1 Like

If you do get a prescription and have the guts to use it, tell us if it works. My plan is when i see my drug dealer doc im going to say i take them bi weekly so i need 6 every 3 months and stock the fridge. Heads up though if you take it your likely going to barf, but your doing a great service to the community being one of the first to try it. In fact if you really want to do a proper experiment, simulate it by laying down and having someone else spray it in your nose and record the blood sugar at 15 min before and 3 hours after every 5 min. I don’t have the guts to do it though.