Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I’d like to not let everything get out of hand today. No highs! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to help keep BG in a reasonable range?

2 Likes

Insulin. Lots of it.

7 Likes

Increased basal rate perhaps coupled with a long running extended (basically the same thing).

And snack your way above the lows ?

Perhaps depends on how many snacks will be continuously around you ?

5 Likes

Here’s a few resources from Thanksgivings past:

Hope those help! Happy Turkey Day!

4 Likes

Gargling and bathing in insulin, basically :slight_smile:
Depending on the type of celebration you’re having (is it a large party with mingling and lots of plates and mobility, or is it a small, sit-down dinner where you guys eat ALL THE THINGS AT ONCE?),
extended boluses on a pump can be a lifesaver, allowing you to graze for an extended period.

I honestly find this holiday to be challenging cognitively, as far as planning ahead, but our numbers usually aren’t so bad in the end. Because our kid is basically bathing in an ocean of insulin LOL.

4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving :turkey: to all my American :us: friends

5 Likes

Happy turkey day to My fellow Americans and happy Thursday to everyone else. :smiley:

7 Likes

I came up with a new trick tonight. It’s cool that even after all these years of doing Thanksgiving dinners, I can still figure out new things to make the process even better.

I always go back for 2nds, and 3rds, and 4ths. This year what I did was pour a glass of beer, and leave it on the serving table. That way, every trip back to the serving table, I had some beer to drink while I was re-filling my plate. :+1:

Try it next year! Good stuff.
:grinning:

2 Likes