Happy 4th! Share your food!

(Notice the piece of pie mysteriously missing? :grinning: )

(Drinks by @elver)

5 Likes

Almost grill time! Just add corn on the.cob, mashed cauliflower, and stuff I shouldn’t even think about for dessert!

PXL_20210705_004455622

4 Likes

I was on the road yesterday. :smiley: Ended up getting a sub from Subway which looked like this:

Sub

We are closing on a home tomorrow and yesterday was our final viewing of the property. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The sub does look good though!

2 Likes

Congrats on the closing. Are you moving off the homestead into another?

2 Likes

Moving into a home that can finally fit my entire family. Our forever home. Near my family (but far enough away that they have to think before they get into the car)

Covid opened up the possibility of 100% remote work and I’ve taken my employer up on the offer. No more needing to live near DC.

6 Likes

Nice! Sounds like a good deal! Will be nice to have a home that can fit the entire family, outside of the orbit of Trantor (DC). Probably a wise economic decision as well, assuming your family doesn’t live in NYC.

3 Likes

SW VA and yes. The house we are buying would be impossible to purchase if we were in northern va.

4 Likes

That’s a great opportunity @ClaudnDaye! Happy for you and your family. It will be nice to have some room to spread out, and SW VA is beautiful country.

4 Likes

I grew up down there so it’ll be nice to get back to my roots.

4 Likes