G6 Best Insertion Sites

Yes. Same number twice, back to back.

Keep in mind many people don’t calibrate AT ALL…this is just what I do because I don’t like any system showing Liam low or high, longer than he actually is…or as close to possible. Some people don’t calibrate at all and others only calibrate when the G6 is waaaaay off from the actual finger stick. When Liam is older and we don’t have to sit in front of the Endo and discuss lows, he’ll probably be a “no calibrator”, but for now I like to get him back to as close to what his number actually is, as soon as possible.

I found out in this thread that it’s not recommended to calibrate when you’ve entered the sensor code…entering that code tells the system that it’s supposed to be a “no calibration” 10 days…if you enter a BG that disagrees with G6, it’ll throw calibration loops and/or sensor errors.

I’m now testing the G6 WITHOUT using the sensor code and so far I LOVE it…single and double calibrations are NOT causing the calibration loops and/or sensor errors that I experienced in my 1st “with code” session.

3 Likes