So, I decided to go ahead and give the 3rd option a try just to see how it went and I’m kind of blown away. Liam is on day 8 of this session where we entered the sensor code and we haven’t calibrated except maybe 2 times in the 8 days when the readings were just far apart from each other (talking > 50% difference).
Using this method has achieved us a FIRST this week which you’ll see in the below image:
Never before have we had a week where our 1 week “Severe Low” percentage was 0%. And this is WITH code and WITHOUT calibrating…as I said, I’m kind of blown away / shocked.
What I’ve found is that although his CGM does sometimes push him lower than he actually is the system is VERY FAST in our case at turning that curve and jumping right back up. We haven’t had any cases where he went low and stayed there.
I’m super impressed with this option and it requires less effort (no calibrations required) so I may stick with this method moving foward if the CGM continues being as responsive and accurate as it has been during this week.