Freesyle libre 2 and XDrip

This site appears to get the libre 2 working. Since the xdrip readings are in mg/dl it appears to be able to work in USA using the method described. https://www.minimallooper.com/
The libre 2 has just been made available in Canada in the past month. The linked method provides hope for discovering what may work here. Since Canadian Medtronic data is EU stored it’s hard to say which method will work with LL2 to xdrip here. It depends on what the vendor choose. I’m waiting for insurance coverage confirmation on the LL2 and if they need Endo Rx updating before I can migrate over.

1 Like

just wanted to chime in, the oop2 only works with European sensors in the description, no fix for u.s.libre 2 sensors…I gave up on libre, (especially with all the legal shutdowns recently) and had to go with a different brand that my insurance finally covers under the pharmacy…

1 Like

Hey! I’ve been trying this method and I’ve gotten up to this step of the patch:

1. Use the Patch tool with the patch: patch -p1 --binary --merge < ../xdrip2.patch . for Windows patch -p1 --binary --merge < ..\xdrip2.patch . Be sure to use CMD-Prompt and not PowerShell,a s PowerShell does not support < operation.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but it says " ‘patch’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, opereable program or batch file "

HELP! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a look at this thread started by @john_coburg. We resolved a similar issue:

Also, if you are following the same github instructions as mentioned in the above link then make sure you installed the full GnuWin32 libraries, not just the patch executable. As well as included the GnuWin32\bin folder in your PATH environment variable. Also, make sure you are using \ for directory separators if on Windows OS, and make sure you are in the liberlink directory when running the patch command.

2 Likes

Hello there @kalle. I am in the UK (so non-EU, but also non-US) and have been using Libre 1 sensors plus MM2 into xDrip for a year or so, finding it very useful. But having the additional reader attached to my arm and charging the MM2 reader every 7d or so adds complexity (needing to remember to bring the charger with me if i’m going to be away with 7d, etc) so would like to do as you did and switch to Libre 2 sensors with xDrip, to do away with that ‘middle step’.
After much faffing (and immense help from @Trying) i got the (UK-version) of the patched app on my phone…but when i attached a Libre 2 sensor, i was greeted with the message “this sensor cannot be used with this version of FreeStyle LibreLink”.
so all i could do was delete the patched app, replace with the non-patched app and started the sensor.
so…i now seem to be in the antiquated world of NFC glucose readings… the Libre app doesn’t seem to grab readings from the sensor continually (like xDrip) via Bluetooth, which i thought was the point of it? Or does it just run bluetooth in the background, and only ‘kick into action’ by sounding an alarm if i go above or below my triggers?
but getting back to xDrip+ (by far my preferred software), where did i go wrong in my set-up (perhaps it doesn’t work in the UK - has anyone else in the UK successfully done this?) and now that i have started the sensor using my non-patched LibreLink app, is there any way i can now get it talking (and broadcasting) to xDrip? even if i use my MM2 bluetooth reader? by attempting to take a step forward (ditching the MM2) i seem to have taken (at least) two steps back, since now i can’t use xDrip, nor do i have a continuous glucose reading.
I suspect at some point Abbott will cease making Libre1 sensors, which lends some urgency to my predicament, given i’ll need to work out some way around this in future.

Am i right in thinking that, at present, Libre2 sensors are incompatible with xDrip? (without using the patched app… which, per the above, i can’t get working)

I hoped that if i affixed the MM2 reader, i could essentially use the Libre2 sensor as a Libre1 sensor (i.e. carry on as if it were a Libre1 sensor), but that doesn’t seem to work either. (I have tried various options in the Hardware Data Source menu)

Perhaps there is some adjustment that can be made within xDrip to get it working in the meantime? (Even though i have ‘started’ the sensor with the non-patched app) ?
I feel so lost without continuous readings (i began to take for granted the utility of taking a glance at my phone home screen and seeing a reading), and being back to checking my levels by lifting my phone to my arm feels like going back to the dark ages…
Furthermore, the alarms from the Libre app don’t ‘sound’. i have my phone in ‘vibrate mode’ as i don’t care for beeps going off all the time, yet xDrip+ seemed to overrule that mode and made an almighty ‘beep’ that would alert me during the day and awake me at night. Libre seems to not overrule this ‘silence’ mode, even though it says it should, and just vibrates and sends a notification… which is no good at all.

If anyone could help out this would be very much appreciated.

2 Likes