Favorite snack that won't raise BG?

For me almost anything requires insulin but it’s a far lower priority and ordeal with some things than others. Low stress foods for me are

Nuts
Small servings of meat— lunch meat, beef jerky that’s not saturated with sugar etc
Veggies
Cheeses

4 Likes

Typically, even with them being so addictive, pistachios what I keep around to keep up with my snacking. Not the shelled crap but the ones that slow you down and make you work for it. They are pretty low carb even with the flavored ones and they help maintain a steady sugar with the fiber!

4 Likes

Here is what I snack on.

-One cup of Lite and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt with hemp seed sprinkled in - or sometimes I sprinkle in cacao nibs.
-Mixed salted nuts often.
-Also found a small bakery that makes almond flour cookies that are really good and light on the carbs.

I bought a box of sugar free candy to give out on Halloween but we had a snowstorm that day and not many kids showed. Now I have a load of that stuff around which has a ton of sugar alcohols. I’d rather not have those in my face…

2 Likes

Are sliced tomatoes relatively low carb?

I wished that walnuts and cashews were “free”. Unfortunately, they do have carbs…sigh…

How many of you maintain a fairly aggressive or strong basal so that you ‘often’ snack. or do you bolus aggressively to snack like docslotnick?