Emergency sugar for sleepovers (or deep lows in general)

@TravelingOn, I became a sugar hoarder after a bad hotel incident, too! Husband, 2 year old and I were at hotel at the beach first morning of vacation. After eating breakfast, we decided to meander out onto the beach for a few minutes to see the scenery. Husband was in bathroom and I was outside with kiddo. I started to tank. I got husband, handed off kiddo, and rushed up to the room (I can’t remember why we didn’t stick together…there was a reason however bad). I get up to the room. My key card won’t work. I have to find a maid and get her to let me in the room. Meanwhile, husband had made it to the floor and was trying to buy me a soda. The vending machine wouldn’t accept any of his dollars. I downed 3 Gu’s in our hotel room and eventually leveled out. NOT DOING ANY OF THAT AGAIN! I have 4 Gu’s, tube of glucose tabs and a Glucagon in my purse at all times now.

4 Likes

At least we are not alone! EH travels alone frequently and manages fine. But I worry! I don’t want it to happen again. We’ve had some other exciting unprepared times too. :smiley: In the 20’s at the top of the IO Needle in Hawaii, for instance. Thank goodness for pilfered candies.

Glad that you solved that mishap and hope the rest of the vacation was fantastic!!!

3 Likes