Diabetic pianist problems :-)

#diabeticpianistproblems :rofl:

10 Likes

This is why I hope there is never a crime scene at any place I have ever been - because I know I’ll be the number one suspect with my DNA smeared over everything.

8 Likes

Such a beauty I had to put it into its own thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is why I think my son has mostly quit guitar. Hurts to play guitar with holes in your fingers.

Cleaning the keys looks like it could take some time, but at least you have the sweet sound of the music you were playing…

3 Likes

@Chris, my son changed from metal strings guitar to nylon strings guitar for that reason. Now he uses a flamenca guitar ( a form of classical guitar, but a bit smaller and designed for usability) and he loves it. I don’t think he will ever go back to his old one.

2 Likes

Yeah Codes isn’t really a flamenco kind of guy, more like Black Sabbath meets the White Stripes.

But I absolutely understand why the nylon would feel better on the fingers…

Welcome back from your Sahara adventure.

Neither is K :slight_smile: A flamenca guitar can play anything you want. It also has a percussion box on the front, so you can play rhythms on the wood itself. K’s decision was based on his use of the tool (and he found a good, cheap one…).

1 Like

Ouch. I can imagine. My finger was definitely protesting my playing, but I just ignored it…until I looked down and realized I was bleeding all over my keys. :laughing:

3 Likes

I imagine there’s someone out there cringing over this but it’s fascinating to me.

Also reminds me of how I hate it when finger stick sites bleed later well after they are supposed to …STOP FREAKING BLEEDING :rage:

3 Likes

I’ve had that happen some, but usually just because I’ve poked the same finger soon after and, in applying any pressure, suddenly the old stick gushes, too.

2 Likes

Ha! I’m also a pianist and can totally relate! Thank goodness the keys are easy to clean.

2 Likes

Amen! You’ll notice the crayon on the piano…thankfully that and markers are also easy to clean off the keys. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is why I’m glad my computer keyboard at work is black. I mean, it’s not like I have the patience to wait for the bleeding to stop :slight_smile:

3 Likes