Dexcom Technical Support HELL

My last few boxes of new G6 sensors have been awful. They have consistently been 30-40 points off of the fingerstick. This drives me even more crazy when the basal-iq kicks insulin delivery off because the false reading is below 80.

2 Likes

Thanks Thomas - its 24th June 2020

Yeah its just a lot worse lately. it looks to me that it is applied to more than one previous value. I think it deliberately tries to hide a degradation in performance or product quality. I suppose smoothing is better than 2 hours and 58mins of sensor error.

2 Likes

The smoothing algorithm is on all the G6 Dexcom implementations (including the X2). The Receiver and the Tandem X2 are not able to be modified without the user applying an update. So if Dexcom were to change the Mobile App in terms of the graph smoothing, it would no longer match the Receiver and the X2.

Easy enough to tell what is being modified if you track the values and just watch it for a bit.

Same range as we are using. We just finished a box of sensors expiration dated June 7th and our next box is July 13th (of 2020 - G6 sensor expiration date).

That is very interesting that you found better G6 sensor performance with older sensors while we are finding better performance with newer sensors.

Everybody really is different.

2 Likes

Latest G6 sensor reading 64/49/43 - fingersticks reading 88/94/109. System can’t seem to recover.
Reluctantly calibrated.

Hopefully no support call needed :slight_smile:

Ed

1 Like

So, my question is, “do you calibrate you sensor?” “How close are the readings after calibration?”

1 Like

we group our failed sensors into one call for this exact reason. three type 1 diabetics in my house and I call every 6 weeks. I keep all written down w/each sensor’s lot # and exp date and have that ready when I call. makes it sure easy and dex never minds once I explain I am not calling in every sensor individually when three T1 w/failures in one house. best of luck to ya. prior to my kids getting diagnosed, I think I called once monthly for just my failed ones.

1 Like

In a much earlier thread, it was mentioned that Dexcom tech support is 24 hours. Is that still the case?
There was also a discussion on failed transmitters earlier in the thread. In my shipment, I only received one transmitter. How do I get another “backup” transmitter, unless I pay out of pocket?

1 Like

you have to call your DME company, ours defaulted to one transmitter shipped at a time, each time we reorder we tell them 2 transmitters, 6 months and they switch the order to two. yes dexcom is 24 hours

1 Like

You know that is so obvious but it never occurred to me, lol - many thanks that’s what I’ll be doing from now on :slight_smile: