Dexcom Tandem Problems

Yesterday I had a Dexcom G6 go bad. I called Dexcom to report the problem and waited forever on the line. After waiting about 1.5 hours, I left a message for them to call back.

I tried calling at 4 am this morning since I thought that I would get through faster. Still waited for about an hour to get a live person. I mentioned that I use the Dexcom and Tandem pump and the Dexcom person said I needed to report the problem to Tandem. I was transfer over and the call was dropped.

I called Tandem later this morning and waited for maybe 15 to 20 minutes before getting someone. The rep told me that under some kind of new agreement, we are supposed to report sensor failures to Tandem. This makes no sense to me.

Another problem I experienced.

I was due for a resupply of pump supplies on Jan 23. I called Tandem to ensure the re-order last week. They indicated that they would send out the order on the 20th. Everything seemed okay.

Then I get an email from Tandem that the supplies were being sent out on the 20th.

However, Tandem sent it from San Diego by UPS ground with a delivery date of Jan 25.

That is 2 days later than I needed to supplies.

Today I get another email from UPS indicating that the delivery will be delayed to the 28th due to a train derailment.

These practices are completely unacceptable to me. We need on supplies to arrive on time. We depend on these technologies to keep us alive.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you’ve had issues w tandem and Dexcom recently! That is so so frustrating. Dealing with these companies and the wait times on the phones can definitely be ridiculous. I would guess the crazy wait times could be from the control-iq release and the hype around that. That certainly doesn’t excuse it though.

Has tandem been late with deliveries before? Sure is frustrating!! Do you have some back up supplies to get you through?

1 Like

Hi @mike1 fwiw, I get far better service from Tandem for my Dexcom products than Dexcom ever provided.

1 Like

Thanks and yes for people that work in order to keep insurance, these wait times are impossible to deal with.

As far as extra supplies, no. That is why I am so upset.

I have found that the wait times have been getting worse and worse for Dexcom, but usually their reps have been pretty good.

One of the reps I spoke with from Tandem yesterday was not good. She kept telling me that I had to be sympathetic to them since a train derailment is an unexpected event.

Sure, a train derailment is unexpected, but since Tandem is sending the supplies cross country using one of the slowest shipping methods possible, it is their responsibility to ensure that I get the supplies in time. Even without the train derailment, the supplies would be two days late.

If I cannot get supplies on time, then I see no reason to use Tandem products.

IMHO, Tandem is experiencing a train derailment of another type - the release of Control-IQ and the Basal-IQ upgrade. Things should settle down in a few months. Until then I expect long wait times.

1 Like