Dexcom g7 newness frustration

Great over patch is Hypafix tape, hypoallergenic, pediatric friendly. Do not use alcohol, only soap and water. A liquid barrier I’ve used for decades is Skin-Prep (Brand Name) and it’s hypoallergenic, one version is for sensitive skin.

4 Likes

Also worth a shot! I have used the IV-Prep (same company, Smith & Nephew?) for years, so that’s promising.

Sorry to accidentally hijack this thread. :sweat_smile: I appreciate all of your suggestions!

1 Like

@RachelMaraii, we have been discussing barrier patches for years here: Rash under Dexcom G6 sensor - #4 by Randy

And the YouTube video on how to do it was posted in 2018. So you might well ask why you didn’t find the info on the Dexcom site. The 3M hydrocolloidal bandage works fine for me. Tegaderm breathes, so it lets gas from the adhesive through.

3 Likes

Thank you, Randy! :pray: I’ll take a deep dive into that thread – this is all very helpful. And that explains why the Tegaderm let me down!

Just put on my third sensor with a hydrocolloid bandage underneath. So far so good. :grin: Finally! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Have you thought of taking an anti-histamine? A friend’s partner has a cat and they started to live together. She takes an Aerius pill (Canadian anti-histamine) every morning to counter the effects of the cat she lives with. She says there’s no side effects at all.

1 Like

If I have any more trouble I might! I have an appointment with an allergist in a couple weeks as well, hoping I’ll get some helpful info from him too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Is there not over-the-counter anti-histamines there?
Way easier than going to see a doctor. I used to use them all the time until I discovered Skin Tac etc.

2 Likes

There are, I just am hoping to find a way to avoid the allergens instead of learning how to force my body to get along with the allergens haha. I was allergic to SkinTac too, which makes me sad because you’re not the only one who has said it works amazingly well!

1 Like