Dexcom g7 newness frustration

Wow on the replacement for the overpatch! I’ve only been on the G6 for less than a month now - so still a “Virgin” - ba ha ha! And yeah, on the arm placement, and putting the overpatch on - I’m all thumbs - a useless twit. So if there’s a stud muffin around - you know who I’ll call. They’re becoming more used to helping me out, since for a time, they were complaining after almost 35 years of ball and chain - that my T1D got in the way of their life … bite me (is there a thread conversation here for folks with partners who complain about us holding them up LOL). Main thing, back to G6 - compared to the Guardian 3 - ugh - this is night and day for placement. My first G6 was on tummy due to no extra hands to help arm placement - but current one is on - and so far - being a side sleeper - no compression lows. Next week I’m in BC for a visit with a T1D as they undergo some kidney crap, so when I have to place next sensor on - it’ll be a nice treat to have someone who knows what they’re doing - and they’re an RN to boot as well. They were saying that once the G7 is approved to be used with the Tandem t-slim - they’re hoping their province covers the G7 - as currently - most of the provinces here in Canada - only cover G6. Very few provinces have CGM coverage - so I’m one of many advocates trying to make it the “real thing” (without any added sugar - Coke, Coke … incase you’re to young to remember ads like this) - where CGM’s are available to all. Where I am, had to basically almost go unconscious to prove that I’m hypounaware - which is the stipulation for getting coverage thru’ the province I live in. Stupid, stupid, stupid - I’m also hyperunaware - but having a CGM really does keep us in the good BG zone - depending on how our settings are for alarms. Wish I’d had this back in the 70’s as a teen … as I hung out at the Pop Shoppe guzzling yummy drinks! NOT

Oh and those patches are the cats meow (I’m FatCatAnna in the DOC) - I can’t afford those fancy ones that people buy to use. These so far are keeping the CGM on good and tight. Will see how they hold up in a salt water spa next week that my friend is treating us too! Beep, beep, beep!!

3 Likes