Dexcom G6 xdrip+ -- "NO BG? COULDNT FIND SLOPE" error

Just trying to start up a G6 rebatteried 80xx transmitter but getting BgReading “NO BG? COULDNT FIND SLOPE!” in event log every 5 minutes since 50 minutes (right after starting the sensor) — what does this mean? transmitter dead or sensor issue?

I have of course hard resetted the tx before starting the session. Seems to have worked, transmitter days are “0”. Firmware 1.6.5.25, Voltage A 306, B 285.

2 Likes

FYI update – have now entered an “Initial Calibration” (around 60mins in the warmup phase) => Calibration got rejected “not ready to calibrate” and thereafter no more “NO BG?” errors coming! Still 30mins to go till warmup is finished, hopefully it works now…

1 Like

FYI final update – problem solved!! see above, G6 all up and running. I have no idea why this worked but searching for the error showed somebody suggesting it’s related to a bad calibration. I’m running in native mode and was at sensor startup so very strange (to me).

2 Likes

@emp00 I’ve been getting the “impossible slope” and “slope not found” messages on startup of the G6 since the 8G series. It only seems to happen during the two hour warm-up.

Also, my watch stopped reading during the warm up. This is in native mode, as xDrip+ will not allow me to run the G6 in anything but Native.

More of Dexcom’s “improvements” I suppose.

1 Like

@docslotnick : what you’re describing is a different issue (I guess). the 8G+ Firefly transmitters are picky with calibrations, if you enter a calibration more than ~20% off the current value this “impossible slope” error can occur. Have had this issue several times with 8G’s and that’s one of the reasons I switched back to rebatteried 80 tx.

However, first time I’m reading that this “impossible slope” error occurs (by itself?) during warmup. Normally you don’t enter calibrations during warmup, right? Generally you don’t calibrate at all with G6 since it’s pre-calibrated - running in native mode anyway the only possible mode for 8G+. No more raw values transmitted. The only reason for calibrating G6 (in my experience, I always run with the 4-digit sensor code) is after a sensor restart to compensate the automatic insertion trauma correction. In all other situations in my experience the BG’s fit bloody checks very nicely.

1 Like