Dexcom G6 Errors

I received my replacement replacement today. Happy to report it is NOT a 5931

1 Like

I should have said that the sensor performed well until half way through day 8. All of day 9 was rocky and I pulled sensor about 8 hours early. I would have been at day 10.00 by 6:30 pm but gave up on the sensor mid morning, probably about day 9.7 or so. If a sensor makes it to day 9 I don’t complain to

1 Like

Thanks so much for saying that! That is the number that gives me fits every time and I am often very out of luck since I get 90 day supplies and can end up with lots of these. It is just an awful thing and throws off everything for me. I tried to be brave and use one last time, but it was crazy off - by 40 points. And calibration wouldn’t hold. I also began to think there are certain lot numbers that are the issue. Did not have these issues until this year. Maybe they are focused on the g7? I appreciate you sharing out loud what I thought was just me.

1 Like

I totally agree needlesandmath. I have been through 3 g6’s in 3 days. They are way off in bot directions and calibrated several times only to revert. Had one reading 44 points higher than actual with me sitting at 57 on finger stick. I wanted to go back to pump, but cannot use automated, which I want to, with this poor information that would be sent to a pump. I, too tried different locations and am tedious about protocols of insertion, etc. i even put one on the dreaded belly (hate that site; prefer back of arms). Now, I am going to post a question about my data comparing with Freestyle Libre 3 rather than hijack this thread, but I am mentally, emotionally, and physically drained from the past few months of bad dexcoms resulting in 3 in three days. I sat too long with crappy ones prior to this, but I get 9o days if supplies at a time, so I have what I consider now to be either bad lots and/or codes that are not good for me. Previous 2.5 years I had fine g6’s. Did the g7 create no standards for g6? So upsetting and I have now had more hypos in past month than in past year. Hope they will fix it and give some info or comments about it. So now to post my question . . .

This is the worst code I ever use!

1 Like