Dexcom G6 at Costco

Not an actual member there, but did an online search and didn’t see anything. Yes, they have a pharmacy. We use BJ’s as our wholesale spot.

How interesting: it is the first time I hear of this chain (BJ). I just looked it up after you mentioned it :slight_smile:

I would have considered a Costco membership if they had these things, but I don’t see them. Must be location specific.

1 Like

They don’t show up online for me. You could call pharm and ask.

I just got G6 this week.

3 Likes

It may only be in-club, there are quite a lot of those. For instance, if Dexcom doesn’t want this advertized online. If you want to check, you can go to the door and ask for a pass for the day, so as to walk around.

1 Like

Congrats! Let us know how it works for you!

2 Likes

@ClaudnDaye every Costco in US with a pharmacy can order the G6. I don’t believe this is a stocked item as my local store said 2 days to get the products.

4 Likes

You do have to ask, and it is available for members only. I have been a member on and off for many years, but getting a G6 receiver from them last December was motivation for me to re-join. So now we’re back to buying all our peanut butter, hummus and lightbulbs from them again…

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How to order G6 and other Dexcom supplies from Costco

Do they also sell the G5 transmitter and sensors? Anyone know? And if so, the prices for them (for members and non-members?)

The service is limited to Costco members who join the free Costco prescription program and the Dexcom G6. The deal is cash and carry, no insurance accepted

So, G6 only if I understood you correctly?

G6 only if I understood you correctly?

G6 only

3 Likes

Has anyone else heard that Costco may be raising prices of dexcom g6 supplies? I could only find info on this on Instagrams @t1dchick and @diawareness

I’m pretty sure they sell the G5 transmitters and sensors, just as any pharmacy can and will order them. But I don’t believe Costco has a similar discount pricing plan that they do for the G6. But to be honest I haven’t checked since I never needed to, so best to call them as you would any pharmacy to ask their prices as part of comparison shopping. If you have health insurance (I assume you do), then I doubt it would be any cheaper than any other pharmacy, but it doesn’t hurt to call.

2 Likes

The original info I had indicated the lower price was due to some type of rebate, that costco was passing savings on to customer. So maybe that rebate ended.

3 Likes

I talked to the local Dexcom rep back in Sept of 18, she stated it was for a year (the discounted contract) however when I went to pick up my transmitter yesterday it was $145 for cash pay I have no ins coverage, does anyone know if the transmitters are still on a 112 hard lock from Dexcom? Do they every go longer I guess is the real question. Mine currently says I have 2 weeks left however the insert date was 99 days ago. I have a call into the local rep as the discount program should of been valid through August of 2019 not April as costco is stating.

You can download Xdrip+ or Spike (Android or Iphone) and extend the transmitter. Just search on our site, lots of info.

I heard that Costco was forced to change their policy due to people buying and reselling them. Too good of a deal apparently. really a bummer.

I read the same.

Sad because I think the original deal was that the “rebate” was intended to reward Costco, but Costco decided to pass on to customer.

1 Like

I heard the same thing in the process of trying Spike as I don’t own a MAC, hoping it works and yes it is a bummer!

Thank you!