Dexcom false "signal loss" alerts

Yesterday I kept getting signal loss alerts–even when my phone was with me–but there weren’t any actual drop-outs. After Tai Chi class (happened 3 times!), I changed out my sensor and problem solved after only 1 more false alert. Very weird! This ever happen to anyone else?

1 Like

Were you able to look at your phone right as the alarm was sounding?

I am curious: after how many minutes after a signal loss do you have your phone set to alarm?

Yes, almost every time. The alarm is set for 20 minutes. When I opened the app to check, all was normal, no ??? on the display.

1 Like

I’ll be darned. That is really puzzling.

My son forgets to restart his phone daily at least once a week (which, for us, causes the signal loss typically within 24 hours), so we get a lot of signal losses. But I have not seen that. I will be really interested in reading answers to this thread.

1 Like

When I get signal losses, first thing I do is double check my bluetooth settings. If you have multiple Dexcom things in there, you may still have old transmitters entered, which you should manually delete. When I forget to do that when I swap transmitters, it doesn’t stop working right away but inevitably I start having more signal issues until I fix it. Otherwise I rarely have problems unless my site is being physically blocked, which can do it, or I’m out of range. Occasionally the app will just quit overnight, which annoys me, but could be super dangerous for someone relying on it for hypo alerts.

1 Like

One of the reasons I like to use the Dexcom Receiver at the same time for overnight.

2 Likes

I got rid of the old TXs a while ago so that can’t be it. Sigh…

1 Like

And it all started up again last night so I’ll be calling Dexcom when I get back home.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this from time to time which is usually an indication of a bad transmitter (low battery) or a phone restart.

1 Like

The transmitter has only been on about 5 weeks so I hope that’s not the problem. I will do a phone restart and see what happens.

1 Like

@CatLady - Are you able to carry the Dex Receiver also?

That might help to isolate the problem to either the Transmitter or the Phone.

2 Likes

Ah, good idea! I brought the receiver as back-up so I can try that. So far, no false alerts since I did the phone restart. Paws crossed! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes