Dexcom email

Anyone else receive the following today? What’s it about?

Dear Dexcom Customer:

We’re writing to let you know about an important update to your Dexcom G5® Mobile Receiver. There is a software update available that will allow access to the latest features and receiver enhancements. If you use your receiver to display your Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) data, we strongly encourage you to complete the upgrade.

Here are the instructions for how to upgrade:
*If you do not have an account, you can create one on this page
You’ll be taken through a series of steps to update, which will take less than 15 minutes
Update My Receiver
When you’ve completed your update, please visit www.dexcom.com/redeem to redeem your Dexcom receiver activity belt.

Thank you for being a Dexcom customer.
Sincerely,
Dexcom

I hate updates that do not come with a README which details list of changes.

The last time I looked for this as relates to the Dexcom Receiver update - I could not find it. At which point, I did not update my receiver.

I am getting an enhancement? GREAT !!! I love enhancements. Tell me about it !!!

1 Like

If updating your receiver, please make note of the fine print:

DO NOT update your receiver during a sensor session.

ALL data on your receiver will be ERASED during the update.

I got that last week and tried the update. Took about 15 minutes. Everything seemed to run fine, no issues. Not sure what enhancements if any came with the update.

1 Like

@Irish
What SW# / Rev does your Dex receiver show right now?

@John58
What does yours show now after the update?

Dexcom Receiver ==> Main Menu ==> Settings ==> Device Info

The Software Number is SW10611 (found in Settings, then Device info for those like me who have to look around a bit).
The software revision is 1.7.3.

I use my iphone as my receiver. Haven’t turned on the dexcom receiver in ages. Wouldn’t be surprised if I couldn’t anymore.

The receiver shows SW # SW10617, SW Rev 4.0.1.059.

@Irish - This update is strictly for the Dexcom Receiver.

App updates for phones are handled differently. Basically just download the newest app. v1.7.3 is the latest iOS app version for iPhone apps.

2 Likes