Dexcom backorder

I have Kaiser and let them now a few weeks ago that I need to refill my Dexcom supplies. They told me that they have no idea when they will become available has Dexcom in backorder mode. Anyone have any more info about this?

1 Like

Which specific product are you trying to get? I have not had problems with G4/G5 sensors.

2 Likes

I use G6 and the past couple times I’ve requested replacement sensors they’ve told me they are on back order but that they’d ship in a week or so. So at the time, they were back ordered but not a long wait.

2 Likes

I have also heard the same thing (about the G6) from a Dexcom agent a few days ago while he was dealing with my G5 question, he was saying 1-2 weeks.

I am having no wait at all for the G5.

2 weeks is a long time for a dexcom order though. It’s hard for me to build up a stash of those

2 Likes

Last week I was able to get a full set of G6 supplies (receiver, transmitter, sensors) with no mention of backorder, but it was through the supplier specified by my insurance so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it.

2 Likes

I signed up for a research study that is on hold until Dexcom is able to supply G6 equipment. The study Mgr said it was on hold indefinitely and they hoped to commenced by years end.

1 Like

@Katers87. I’m on the g5… Have a 6-8 months supply of sensors hoarded if you want/need some.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s seriously impressive. Thanks for the offer :slight_smile:

I put in a request today, so hopefully everything goes through in time!

How did you manage to build up that stash? My insurance only approves a 3 month supply at a time.

1 Like

I also have quite a stash. 6 boxes (24 sensors) x 2 weeks each = 48 weeks. Many people only use them for the minimum (or many people’s don’t last beyond a week), but we are about to use each Sensor for 2 weeks, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less…but 2 weeeks is the average for us.

3 Likes

Mine also, but I get 3-5 weeks /sensor, and I order early every cycle.

Offer stands

3 Likes

It’s the G6. Talked to Dexcom today and they said it’s 7 to 10 days back ordered. That’s way better than what Kaiser told me which was till Mid January.

3 Likes