Dexcom app crashed and took out all settings

The Dexcom app on my phone crashed and when I started it back up, it acted as if I had never used it before and went through the whole setup process.

The setup process requires knowing your sensor code and your transmitter serial number. Luckily my sensor code was still in the recycling bin since I had changed my sensor just hours before. And luckily my pump knows my transmitter SN.

From now on, I’ll take a picture of my sensor code and transmitter SN when I insert new ones.

2 Likes

Which phone are you using? Did it recently have update? Are you using G6 ?

Are you looping and if so, are you using iOS 13? And if so, did your phone die? There is a bug currently that if you are looping on iOS 13 and your phone dies, your loop and dexcom will lose all settings, including IDs. If these conditions don’t apply to you, then disregard. Just thought I’d pass this along as it’s a known issue in the Looped group.

From Katie DiSimone:

Because someone posts this just about every day like it’s a new thing…let’s leave this here as a proactive message.

Please do not let your phone battery go dead on iOS 13.

There is a really good possibility that you will lose your Loop settings and/or Dexcom app settings (including transmitter ID) if you let the battery run all the way down. If you do run into this, force quit the apps and restart. It may get the settings back, but not 100% guaranteed. Give it a couple tries. Best thing to do though is prevent this situation by not letting battery die.

I still don’t understand how so many people have their batteries die…but apparently many Loopers like to live life on the (battery) edge :rofl:

iPhone 11 Pro, the app was updated relatively recently, and I’m using the g6.

I mostly mentioned this so others might consider keeping a picture of their sensor barcode and their transmitter id

1 Like

I am a logger so anytime I use a new transmitter, I record it in my log book. I also keep each sensor box on the last sensor until it’s reached the end of it’s life. Dexcom requires this info if there are problems with the sensors so we’ve learned to keep and log. That’s our method of keeping track of IDs

@ned, if you start your sensor from your pump instead of through your phone, it’ll save your sensor code in your history. I also take pictures of everything sensor and pump related, but I have gotten into the habit of just starting with my pump for this exact reason. I also restart sensors so when I hit 10 days, I pull up my history from 10 days prior to find my code. Just another idea.

1 Like

I stick the piece of paper that covers the “top” of the adhesive and has the SN of the sensor into my Contour Next One cheapo case (after removing the one from the last sensor). I never throw away the transmitter box, the transmitter SN is on the box:

Never trust software.

1 Like

As a person who writes software for a living, I fully agree with this statement :grinning:

1 Like

NO NO NO NO NO
Ya supposed to ALWAYS blame any problem, glitches etc on the OPERATOR.

That includes ID10T errors. aka ID ten T. errors.

Tip how I, as a poor spelllerrer spel Tennessee,
I do it like this TEN A C, or 10 a c , or
One Zero, A C Never fails!
JD