Someone may have shared that…my to-make list is growing way too long to remember everything on it! I tried one of those carrot-and-beet sauces once last year and it tasted kinda like carrots to me. So I may try red pepper sauce. But I’ll give a different carrot recipe a try if that red pepper version doesn’t work out. I also want to find some hamburger buns that I can make.
I’ll admit, the “meatballs” were so tasty that I ate them all without even adding them to anything! Just plain. So yummy. I made another batch and this time also made two burger patties, and they turned out perfectly! I so can’t wait to try burgers!!! (I tried black bean burgers once, maybe mentioned on this thread even, and was not a fan. But these meatballs are so yummy and the patties surely taste the same.)
I’m going away for a two-and-a-half day work trip tomorrow and am (as usual) bringing all my own food. So my challenge will be to fit all this in a small suitcase and/or a shoulder bag (as we’re driving and the car is already stuffed with supplies we’ll need):
- Pre-made scrambled tofu (with tumeric)
- Homemade “noatmeal” breakfast bars (no cauliflower this time!)
- Defrosted frozen strawberries (as bringing frozen just tends to leak once it melts)
- Container of coconut yogurt (to be topped with strawberries)
- Container of pumpkin and sunflower seeds (for said yogurt)
- Two frozen dinners from my freezer (pre-cooked chicken, quinoa, and butternut squash)
- Apples for snacks
- Larabars for snacks
- Dark chocolate for snacks
And, I’ll admit…I’m bringing all the meatballs I made for snacks. They’re just SO good! And I have a million zucchini in my fridge that I have to use up (accidentally ordered too many on online grocery delivery), so I can make more as soon as I get home.
I LOVE having my Hot Logic Mini with me. It makes things like bringing the frozen dinners possible, as well as heating up the tofu scramble without using a microwave that may have been used for a baked potato… I can’t imagine travelling without it.