Covid Vaccine - Second Dose Punch

You should be concerned if there is NO reaction from the second dose. Your body is reacting to the second dose because the antibodies from the first dose are responding to the second dose.

In other words, a sore arm and mild headache means that your body did develop antibodies from the first dose.

2 Likes

I had both moderna shots, and no symptoms afterward. Asked my doctor, and told not a problem.

2 Likes

I too had both Moderna doses. Pretty big red rash around the shot a few days after Dose 1, no adverse side effects at all after dose 2. I am not concerned. If somebody is concerned, what should they do about it? Not sure where the concern is supposed to be leading us.

I will be going with the assumption that I am vaccinated…and that there will be boosters coming out before too long. Which I will get when the time comes.

4 Likes

Yeah, think that might be a bit of an over exaggeration.

I have gotten the flu shot every year and have never had noteworthy reaction… don’t think that means it hasn’t worked

4 Likes

My wife and I had our first Moderna shots on Monday (the first day it opened up to the public). I had just a slightly sore arm which I’m already used too anyway so no big deal. Erin was sore, unusually tired and slightly feverish until Wed. She is fine now as well.

7 Likes

Holy cow, I had Pfizer #2 yesterday at 11am and was awake all night with fever, chills, and all over pain. Think I’m starting to feel better, but am just going to stay in bed and try to sleep it off. And welcome my new superpowers. (I loved the video @Sam - makes so much sense!). Phew. Jessica

5 Likes

Hope it ends soon for you. My family and I just got our second dose of Moderna. So we shall see what tomorrow looks like.

5 Likes

@Chris hope everyone is faring well. Also wanted to mention my insulin resistance is very high. I am MDI and running consistently in the 200s; every time I bring it down it just pops back up. And that’s without being able to eat much either. Feeling better this morning, though. Still have a headache and a little achiness but much better than yesterday. My husband and older daughter get #2 today so feel like we’re hopping back on the merry-go-round! Take care- Jessica

4 Likes

What did you do to adjust your basal? You use Lantus, right?

2 Likes

We are fairing ok. Fortunately Cody is doing the best and he isn’t having any blood sugar issues. I was up most of the night tossing and turning with a fever, and my lovely wife is hurting, but not in as bad shape as me. So for once, diabetes doesn’t get to claim the top spot in our house, however I am guessing (hoping?) tomorrow things will be back to normal.

5 Likes

Ugh @Chris those chills/fever are the worst! I hope things are better for you through the night tonight. I’m not sure if this was the best idea, but I did take an ambien last night, which simply knocked me out, enabling decent sleep?! My body needed it.

What did you do to adjust your basal? You use Lantus, right?

I haven’t adjusted Lantus yet, @Eric , but I should. I have been taking 7u at lunchtime and 5u at bedtime to try to bring down some of the middle of the night highs that I was having (I had not been splitting my dose before). I think I will increase to 7u at bedtime tonight and see where that takes me. I’ve been gentle with Humalog corrections and I see that I’m right back up to 224 (haven’t had anything to eat today). So frustrating. My correction is usually 1:50; right now I’m at 1:20 or even 1:15.

Chris, hoping that everyone is back to normal by tmrw! Jessica

4 Likes

Well it was definitely a 32 hour thing. All of us are feeling much better yeah! Cody’s control was just fine during the vaccination phase.

6 Likes

Glad to hear it. And hope you’re all on the way to feeling better about the whole covid situation in general. My “ fully vaccinated” 2w date was the 28th and it was a sigh of relief

4 Likes