Covid Shot #2 for 7yo - Feedback on our Experience

Liam received his second vaccine shot yesterday evening (12/3/2021) and it seems to have had the opposite effect of the 1st dose. Last night, he had to have additional insulin (woke up twice and gave him 1u each time) and still rode between 180 - 210 most of the night. He would dip down into the 160’s just momentarily then go back up again.

This morning he’s complaining of being nauseous but hasn’t thrown up.

Honestly, I prefer the second shot outcome so far over the first…I don’t mind him riding higher than usual (usually during the night he’s between 80 - 110) for 1 or 2 nights. Fighting those lows was painful after the 1st shot.

Just glad he’s fully vaccinated now!!! Now to wait for two weeks and we have a lot of relatives that want to smooch those cheeks. :smiley:

One more to go - our 3 year old…hopefully they get approval before the end of the year or very early in January but I haven’t researched any status on those trials through Pfizer? If anyone has the inside scoop, I’d love to know to save me the google search.

6 Likes

@ClaudnDaye My grandson got his second shot today. The wife and I are watching him tonight so our daughter and her husband can go out to dinner for the hubbies birthday. He’s not T1, but here’s hoping the shot impacts aren’t terrible. He’s 5…and a 1/2 he’d let you know… Either way, glad he’s vaccinated!

4 Likes

Update: His sugars have been riding a lot higher in every way since his 2nd vaccine shot. Usually he crests at around 200 for his meals but since Friday he’s been going over 300 and, for one meal, headed to 380s…definitely not usual for Liam. So we’re just rage bolusing until this phase passes (hopefully it’s not a new norm as a result of the vaccines; otherwise it’ll require tweaking settings in the next week or so.)

2 Likes