COVID Vaccine Impacting Cycles

Every woman I’ve spoken to who has been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine has then gotten her period early…and usually crazy heavier plus clots.

In light of the J&J vaccine causing blood clots in some women of child bearing age, I think this is something to put on everyone’s radar. We don’t discuss it bc it’s not polite. But Women’s Health needs to be discussed.

Too early to know what mechanisms are impacted, but the conversations I’m having with women are striking. Once we compare notes, the stories are all eerily similar.

7 Likes

Interesting–I had Moderna, and my period was about a week late following my first injection, normal for me flow. I was wondering if it was related to the inflammatory stuff I’ve been going through, still waiting to see how the next cycle goes.

Inflammation could very plausibly affect cycling, given that we already know stress (both emotional and physical) can. Usually it delays ovulation though.

3 Likes

https://redcap.healthinstitute.illinois.edu/surveys/index.php?s=LL8TKKC8DP&fbclid=IwAR2vjQvy6kxmPpT4cwPIr52MjDdMZSYdlGy8kK7UMMLVZBCojbODk4lO39U

2 Likes

did not notice anything similar with the Moderna. I had a 102-fever and chills for 48 hours with both shots…

1 Like