Control IQ Hate Thread

Good luck with it. Don’t be surprised if you’re having to adjust all your basal rates in the first few weeks.

1 Like

I agree with that. It is still a 4 hour battle for me, but better than before. Of course, I can cheat and take the Afrezza and turn that into a 30 minute battle - but it wasn’t the purpose of my test with pizza :stuck_out_tongue:

I am finding sleep mode is not aggressive enough for me at night. I’m having rises. Of course, it could be related to where my infusion set is. Sometimes I have lows on my current basal at night, sometimes I go high and Sleep doesn’t adjust enough.

You are not mistaken, @churcr. The rise I spoke of was a couple hours later. I expected it would cover the rise, but is ineffective at it in “normal” mode as it doesn’t give a full correction bolus.

Hello, I dug this up and joined the forum. First, I love Control IQ, but it is not without it’s shortcomings. I have one item I am curious if others are having.
The situation is this: I start to go low and Control IQ suspends insulin on my Tandem pump. After a relatively short period of time it turns it back on, even though I may be reading in the low 70’s. Before I know what happens, I’m running in the 40’s and 50’s (actual gluecose test, as the G6 tends to read frequently in the mid 60’s). It has gotten to the point that I usually detect this occuring, and I manually shut off pump deliveries.

I have come to the conclusion it is the alghorthym issue for me.

Is there anyone out there having similar issues?

4 Likes

Welcome to FUD. There’s another thread here on (apparently) exactly the same topic:

(I referenced your post in that thread.) There are a lot of suggestions there, your situation is probably not the same as the O[of that thread]Ps but your symptoms certainly seem the same. I suggest talking about what is going on in that thread; it might help a lot with working out what is going on.

2 Likes