Does anyone know the actual difference between the Contour Next meter and the Contour Next EZ meter? I’ve been searching and searching and searching, including the Ascensia website, and nowhere have I found a comparison or a chart that explains the reason why they have two different Next meters.
I’ve narrowed my choice down to those two, but can’t find information to “break the tie.” Can anyone help?
The CONTOUR ® NEXT EZ meter has the following features:
- No set-up requirements, ready to test right out of the box
- Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level — it’s that simple
- Easy-to-read display
- Second-Chance™ Sampling allows you to apply more blood to help prevent wasting Test Strips and to save money
- No Coding™ technology means one less step in the testing process and eliminates errors due to user miscoding
- Sip-In® Sampling helps you get the right amount of blood on your first try
- Identify trouble spots with personalized HI/LO target range and summary of your blood glucose* test results
- More tracking knowledge with 7-, 14- and 30-day averages of your blood glucose levels
The CONTOUR ® NEXT meter has the following features :
- Easy to follow, simple, on-screen messages with plain language instructions, make it easy for you to use your meter.
- Easy to test - Second-Chance™ sampling allows you to apply more blood to the same test strip to help prevent wasted test strips.
- Easy to get results with proven accuracy
- MULTIPULSE™ technology evaluates the sample through seven pulses for highly accurate results.
- No Coding™ technology eliminates errors due to user miscoding.
- Easy, on-screen messages, with plain language or text instructions.
- AutoLog feature that lets you mark your test result as Fasting, Before Meal, After Meal and No Mark.
- Add Notes to your blood test reading to help explain results
However, that link goes to a comparison of the Contour Next EZ and the Contour. I want to compare the Contour Next EZ and the Contour Next.
The text gives marketing bullet points, but doesn’t really say what one has but the other doesn’t.
But I really appreciate what you’ve done. Thanks a lot!
So, comparing the two, it seems that these are some of the differences:
- Contour Next stores 800 tests while the EZ stores the most recent 480 test results
- Contour Next can show 7, 14, 30 or 90 day averages, but EZ only shows 7, 14 and 30 day averages.
- Contour Next requires a setup prior to doing your first test (self-guided testing setup) while the EZ requires no set-up and is ready to use right out of the box.
Can’t find many other differences.
They use the same strips. And the meters are pretty cheap, $7 and $15 on Amazon.
The accuracy is probably pretty close between the two, since they use the same strip. So a lot of the difference will just come down to personal preference.
It would probably be worthwhile to buy a pack of strips and one of each type of meter and try them both. That way you will really know which one you like better.
Personally, I like the Contour Next One.
Oh, and welcome to FUD!