Cheese balls=magic

Wellllll, since popovers are mostly air…I made them with a little more air and a little less popover. They turned out great, don’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

The best diabetic recipe ever!

3 Likes

Did you adjust your prebolus for those?

2 Likes

That’s the weird thing. It’s not like these flours are less carby. I use potato starch, brown rice flour, teff, tapioca starch, sorghum. The absolute best book I used hands down for our baby with food allergies was this one. And I swear, my bg loved almost every recipe (even the chocolate cake)! I’ve had a similar experience with raisin bread recently (maybe 3 raisins/slice). I can’t figure out why i respond so differently to this combination of flour. Would be so curious to see if others had a similar experience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1936608715/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505343963&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=healthy+gluten+free+cookbook&dpPl=1&dpID=51YlsNK1lZL&ref=plSrch

1 Like

Interesting! I haven’t found many GF alternatives that my BG likes (meaning no big spikes) except corn pasta as almond/coconut flour based goods, though I guess I do eat a piece or two of toast almost every day (~13-16g carbs/slice) with not much issue.

2 Likes

Sorry it’s taken me so long to post this:

On my copy, I noted that I would substitute cream of tartar for the vinegar and salt o stabilize the egg whites and also that the mixture before folding in the beaten whites was too stiff to fold in the whites easily. I think that using baker’s strips on the outsides of the cake pans might help prevent the slight sag in the center. The recipe calls for a dpringform pan but I think an 8 inch layer pan might be better. Always tinkering with recipes, am I!

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: ohhhh, I love all things lemon. This might be dessert tomorrow, if I have the energy to make it. Thank you!

2 Likes

Do you mix it with another flour to help it hold together?

1 Like

Not usually. I haven’t found many recipes that haven’t held up with just almond flour.

1 Like

I just got some wisps and now I’m going to get fat because of you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve made some parm crisps before, but that requires me shredding the brick of cheese and I don’t have time to do that every day.

3 Likes